The Lost Get Found (Maps and Online Reviews)
If you haven't already noticed, Maps are an important part of most peoples lives today. When you look a church up online, the first results you see now are a list of churches along with reviews. In this video we're going to make sure that we show up on those Maps too, and I'll give you some best practices that will help in bringing you up towards the top of that list.
Google Maps (Google MyBusiness)
1. Go to https://business.google.comLog in with your new "Example.com" domain email, or any other Google Email (Be sure to remember which email you are registering your business with)
2. Add or Claim your listingOften your business may already appear on Google Maps, but you need to claim it.
3. Ensure your details are up-to-date.
- Double check your opening hours and phone number
- Check the Churches images you are using and consider refreshing them or uploading higher res versions.
- Check no-one has made an edit to your listing and changed the church's website to their affiliate link, have seen this too!